Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Development Director has a two-pronged role in meeting our mission—increase awareness and support for New Day’s mission and approach to working with young people while raising money to support the work that is not covered by larger contracts. It is essential to secure a broad range of funding including robust community support to maintain a healthy non-profit organization.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Donor Cultivation & Stewardship
• Prioritize donor development and stewardship
General Fundraising and Private Donations
• Routinely update and improve the annual development plan.
• Organize, plan and execute annual signature event with support from a committee made up of board and community members.
Marketing and Communications
• Create and implement a marketing plan to support fundraising, brand building and community-based awareness raising.
• Seven (6) years of fundraising experience with two (2) years in non-profit fundraising specifically, to include annual appeals, direct asks, special events and similar activities. Experience with major gifts preferred and willingness to learn is required.
• CFRE and/or nonprofit certifications helpful
$58,000-$65,000 +performance bonus